Wow. My very first award. And you know, I’m aware it’s a chain-letter award that soon every blogger will have, but I’m still gonna puff my chest and pretend it’s the blogging equivalent of a Grammy. Minus everything the Grammies offer.
My very special thank-you for this award goes to Annette over at Ink. who writes an inspirational, creative blog. Plus she lives on a boat, which is awesome by any standards. Without her, I wouldn’t have this award.
I suppose WordPress should get a big call out, you know, as the equivalent of a producer.
Without wordpress, I would be using blogger.
And finally, I would like to thank my procrastination. Without it, I wouldn’t be blogging and achieving much more meaningful life goals. In fact, I should be studying right now.
And with this award comes the gracious acceptance that people want to know 7 things about me:
1. There’s a massive Valencian street festival happening right outside my window. It’s Las Fallas now, so soon I’m going to roam the streets, light crackers, throw empty beer cans on the ground, and watch thousands of dollars of fireworks erupt over my head. Lucky the government didn’t add it to the budget that got rejected by the EU. It’s so fricken’ fun though. The Spanish know how to party without limits (or rules, for that matter).
2. I am prone to sickness.
In fact, I’m sick right now.
I guess that comes as no surprise seeing I just told you I was prone to sickness.
3. I’m getting married this year. To a spaniard. I can claim to have a Spanish lover for the rest of my life. Sweet.
4. I love celebrations, especially birthdays. I tried to pretend it didn’t matter, once, and organised a ‘non-party’ small gathering. But I just couldn’t live with it. I freaked, and had a second party. With much more noise and alcohol.
5. I had a month long farewell party when I left London. I think that’s my record. What’s yours?
Then again, I also packed up 6-years of living in Istanbul in 3 days, so maybe I’m getting quicker. Or older.
Maybe I should shut up and address the fact that I keep moving country. Clearly I have problems staying still. And definitely I have issues returning to my Australian home soil (way more rules than Spain).
6. I have an addictive personality. I prefer to see it that I just like to enjoy everything in excess. Huge excess.
7. I can count to seven.
And now to bestow this award on 7 peeps! Just in case this chain awards brings bad luck or kills fairies.
So, the Grammy goes to….
The Laughing Housewife - a good natured, funny blog. It’s her no-frills self description that makes you want to know more.
Nailsbails – writes in code, but at least it’s not computer code, so you can all have a good laugh.
For Better GENiUS – ramblings that reflect my own thought processes sometimes.
Girl on the Contrary – well written, funny musing about ‘living life contrary-wise’ as she puts it.
Topiclessbar – funny, random, had some ‘totally get it’ moments
BAExpat - He’s an expat, I’m an expat, you can work it out.
Healthy Takeover - just check out the banner picture to get you intrigued
The Magnificent Something - quirky writing and you get pictures too!
Did you realise I chose 8? Do I get in trouble for that?
And that’s all folks! I have wild partying to get to!
Just have to convince myself out from under my ‘sick blanket’ and leggings