This is a newbie self-celebration for topping my first hundred hits.
Now, I know for most bloggers that would be merely sweating the small stuff. Then again, I can’t help if you buy into that ‘aim high’ blabber they sell on television. I prefer to think of an empty glass as half full.
So, this calls for a celebration. And I do like celebrations. I thought long and hard, for at least two full minutes, to find the best way to celebrate. God help me if I ever reach 1,000 hits.
How I’m going to celebrate my first hundred hits:
- Line up 100 shooters on the kitchen bench, and write a shot-by-shot blog of how awesome I’m feeling (prediction: not awesome at all).
- Get ‘WordPress 100’ tattooed on my lower back.
- Ride around town on horse and carriage perfecting my ‘Queen’s’ wave. With a centennial crown (the silver, sparkly tiara type at the 2dollar store). Let people kiss my sceptre for good luck.
- Start looking for a real job that pays if you reach anything over 100.
- Do 100 hundred finger-flexes to train for the next wave of visitors.
- Do all the housework that has been neglected in order to check WordPress stats on an hourly basis.
- Take 100 ecstasy pills to match the ecstasy of hitting 100 visitors*. Euphoria. YES! HELL YES!
- Have a shower. Eat, maybe. Check the cat is still alive. What day is it today?
- Run for president.
- Quit blogging and retire comfortably. Life is short, and I’ve had this blog almost two weeks.
I owe all my blog life to the generous blog love, blog sharing and blog-o-whatever. Go blog for world peace!
If you feel you deserve this award also, I would be happy to delegate it to you. Please let me know where to send your trophy.
* Do not try this at home if you haven’t mastered the skills of a centennial hit. Could result in pre-centennial death.